Путь на сайте

If you go to study abroad…

These recommendations for those who go to study abroad were formulated by us based on long-term work experience of our Centre and the most frequently asked questions.

Check the status of the educational institution and educational programme you have chosen. Regardless of whether you made this choice by yourself or it was advised to you by someone else, it is necessary to be certain that the college or university of your choice is recognized in the system of education of your chosen country and the programme you are entering will provide you with the level and degree that you want (general secondary education, vocational education or higher education of the relevant level). The key criteria for status checking are:

  • availability of accreditation or other forms of quality assurance of chosen educational institution in the country of its location.

  • if you have chosen the branch (college, campus etc.) of the recognized university this branch should be recognized both by the country of location of the main educational institution and by the country of branch location.

  • the educational programme should be included in the system of formal education of the country of origin. The recognized universities can offer not only degree programmes, which belong to the system of formal education, but also a variety of courses and other non-degree programmes. Even if these programmes are interesting and useful their completion may not provide you with a qualification that will give rights for further education or employment.

  • the educational programme should be exactly the level you are expecting. The systems of education of different countries have different structures, different terminology regarding educational levels and degrees, which do not always correspond to levels or degrees in Ukraine or another country. For example, the baccalaureate in France, Romania or Moldova is a general secondary education and, though sounds similar, but has nothing to do with a bachelor’s degree in Ukraine or other European country. Some programmes of vocational or higher education may provide graduates with a right for professional activity but do not give access to further studies or vice versa. In any case it would be better to know about such peculiarities beforehand.

You should check these criteria while choosing the educational institution and educational programme to avoid an unpleasant surprise of getting a qualification that would not be recognized at all or not at the level that you are expecting.

You may apply to our Centre for such verification and order the Status Statement for a foreign educational institution and/or programme.

2. Prepare the documents. We recommend starting this process beforehand. First al all, get information about the requirements for documents in the embassy of the chosen country and educational institution. Different countries have various requirements for documents, and they may vary with every institution in the same country. This refers to the list of documents (documents on education, statements etc.), their certifications (consular legalization, apostille, double apostille) and translations (notarized translation, official translation, the translation made by embassy accredited translator) etc.

The countries of Hague use certification of the documents on education with their further translation made by certified translator and translation’s notarizing. If you submit the documents for apostille via agent, we recommend checking the apostille in the electronic catalogue to avoid apostille falsification. For nonmember countries of the Convention the documents should be certified by the stamps of consular legalization. Both apostille and consular legalization are the ways to ensure international circulation of the documents, the legal validity of the documents issued in one country on the territory of another country. Our Centre carries out the verification for legalization of the educational documents of foreign citizens, who studied in Ukraine. However, different countries and educational institutions can have specific requirements for documents and translations. Sometimes the embassies or institutions request for additional documents, some of which can be prepared by our Centre. We also cooperate with some recognition and verification organizations abroad, like WES USA, WES Canada, ICAS Canada, online verification via partner’s web-platform DIGIFLOW, and provide translation services of educational documents.

3. When coming back to Ukraine make sure to get an apostille certification on your documents on education! Our Centre sincerely wishes you to be enrolled to the chosen educational institution, to graduate successfully and obtain the foreign diploma. Together with the entire country we are waiting for your return to your native country for its development! But getting ready to come back do not forget to certify your documents on education (diploma, supplement, academic records) with the apostille in the country of their issuance or another relevant way. It will greatly help during the procedure of recognition of your foreign document on education in Ukraine. The same requirements for documents preparation are set by numerous other countries. Then, do it in time, before you leave the country of study!

Good luck!